Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Funny Story

In case you didn't know, when I'm not selling Real Estate, I'm usually dancing. I work part time at Old Town Ballroom as an instructor, and I'm on the board of directors for the Wichita Swing Dance Society. I do performances for local events, and I socially dance at every possible opportunity.

As a result of this, SOMETIMES I have the eerie experience of being recognized by strangers. I'll be going along through my day and suddenly someone I don't know stops me, asks if they saw me dance at such-and-such event, and we chat for a minute. It's kind of cool, and kind of surreal at the same time.

Well, yesterday, Bryan and I were shopping for furniture and we decided to buy this couch for our basement:
Photobucket

So we talked to the sales guy and got the transaction squared away, and as we turn to leave, he says to me "Hey, don't you dance? For like the Wichita Ballroom?" I got a little flustered (which always happens at times like these) and stammered that I do. He said "Yeah, I saw you dance at the Bridal Fair at Century II a few months ago. . ." and I said something and we chatted a little. Then, he says to BRYAN, "Congratulations dude, you're dating a local celebrity!"

I just about burst out laughing on the spot! a) I am not used to being talked about that way, and b) WHY would this furniture salesman assume that two people, buying a couch together, wearing wedding rings, were just dating? I don't know, but the whole episode just makes me laugh. Hopefully it got a giggle out of you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment