Monday, November 23, 2009

Hu Hot

When I started Chelsea's Wichita, I promised recommendations for restaurants. I would be remiss if I left out Hu Hot Mongolian Grill, which is located at 21st and Rock. It's CONVENIENTLY close to my office at 22nd and Rock, which probably has something to do with my undying love for the place.

At Hu Hot, you can order appetizers like Crab Rangoon, or soup or salad, but there are no entrees on the menu. That's because you choose ALL of your own ingredients from Hu Hot's massive buffet. The buffet includes meats, different types of pasta, fruits, vegetables, and a vast array of sauces. You pick whatever you like, and the cooks at Hu Hot will stir-fry your ingredients on a massive cook top. If you're not a culinary master, don't worry; there are recipe cards and guidelines provided by the restaurant.

Personally, I like to go for chicken, pad thai noodles, pea pods, a ton of water chestnuts, min-corn, plenty of pineapple, and some mandarin oranges. I mix 1 spoonful of peanut sauce with 4 spoonfuls of teriyaki, a spoonful of ginger sauce, and sometimes a spoonful of lemon juice. After it's cooked I top it with Hu Hot's crushed peanuts and shredded coconut. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Click here for a menu. See you out there, Wichita!

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment