Monday, December 14, 2009

THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!

HELLO WICHITA!

I'm still beaming from this weekend, that's how awesome it was. I hope you all got out and had as much fun as I did!

Friday night, I did check out Cool Blue at Player's, but they weren't playing the kind of music I hoped for. So, a group of buddies and I headed over to Tommy's Restaurant and Lounge (2121 North Tyler). The DJ there always takes requests, so in no time at all the play list was decidedly dancer-friendly! We danced, we drank, and then we danced some more (probably not as well as we had before the drinks.) My husband Bryan met up with us when he finished work, and it was really nice to have everyone together in one place. By the time we got home, I was exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep.

Saturday, the Snow Ball at Old Town Ballroom was AWESOME! There was a nice sized crowd of 30-40 people, with most of whom I had the pleasure of dancing. There were delicious Christmas cookies, along with Champagne punch for everyone to enjoy. We played all kinds of music and kept the dance floor pretty packed. Our guests looked FANTASTIC in their holiday finery, and the Ballroom itself was decorated with snow flakes and Christmas ornaments just about everywhere. Even Josiah (the owner of Old Town Ballroom) and I managed to look presentable! Here's a picture:
 
Josiah and Chelsea
Photo by Ryan Rahn
The party was supposed to end at 10:00, but everyone had so much fun that we ended up running til after midnight. Nice!

The fun continued Sunday night with the Wichita Swing Dance Society's Christmas party. The band was AMAZING, the place was full of happy people, and the dancing was incredible. I think you'd have to work pretty hard to find a group of people in Wichita more open, friendly, and enthusiastic than the WSDS. I used to think dances like the one last night only happened in the movies, but, what do you know, they're happening right here in the middle of Kansas! Sometimes I can't believe the good luck I've had that lead me here in the first place.

Well, I'm off to a meeting with one of my sellers. He's just gotten the first offer on his rental home, which is the house in my "Featured Property" section. Here's hoping for some productive negotiations!

Cheers, Wichita!
-Chelsea

1 comment: